CHAPEL OF EASE, WESTHUMBLE
In the Surrey volume of The King's England (Hodder & Stoughton) Arthur Mee writes of the Chapel that "George Meredith used to love to send his visitors to see the yews of Druid's Grove in Norbury Park, and at Westhumble is the little weatherboarded chapel where his sister-in-law talked to the navvies on Sunday evenings. This building was once a barn."
"There are ruins of a much older chapel up the lane; that older chapel was probably built in about 1200 for the tenant of Merton Priory."
To find the Chapel go to "Find Us".
Virgo Family Window, 1964